Hazelnut Double Chocolate Cookies
Each cookie provides 148 kcal, 15 grams net carb and 4.5 grams of protein.
Makes 8-9 cookies
1 bar dark chocolate (~100g)
5 Tbsp avocado oil (75mL)
¼ cup dark sugar
2 tbsp raw sugar
1 large egg
1/3 cup all purpose flour
3 tbsp Simply Zero
4 tsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
⅛ tsp salt
⅛ cup hazelnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven at 350F/175 C.
2. Melt chocolate bar either in microwave or over a pot of hot water. Mix in oil once chocolate bar is melted. Set aside and let cool.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, beat egg with both sugar.
4. In another medium mixing bowl, whisk together all 5 dry ingredients.
5. Once the chocolate mixture is cooled, mix in with the egg mixture. Slowly sift the dry ingredients and mix well.
6. Line a baking pan, and use an ice cream scoop or a large spoon to scoop the cookie batter. You should be able to scoop 8 to 9 medium-size cookies, or ~6 giant cookies.
7. Top cookies with hazelnuts, then bake for 10 minutes.
8. Cool cookies for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.